Developers/Getting Started/Developers Tools/Getting Eclipse PDT
Most of the Tine 2.0 Developers use Eclipse PDT as their main development IDE. This Article shows you how to install Eclipse PDT and accessories to start developing Tine 2.0. This documentation is based on the Galiloe release.
Installing Eclipse PDT
You can download the latest version from their download page. Everything described on this page refers to version R20070917(PDT Version 1.0). Download the "PDT All-in-One" package for your platform and extract it to your preferred location. Now you are ready to start Eclipse from the newly created directory.
Pimp my Eclipse PDT
Adding SVN support (Subclipse)
Becoming a good eGroupWare 2.0 developer means that you need to make yourself familiar with SVN. Just read the SVN book. It will cover all important aspects of working with SVN.
Handling SVN repositories with Eclipse PDT is very easy, thanks to the Subclipse SVN plugin. Just follow the very good installation howto at http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html to get the Subclipse plugin installed.
When getting prompted with following error message
Subclipse Mylar Integration (1.0.1) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.mylar.tasks.core (0.9.2)", or later version.
just deselect "Integrations (Optional)" under Subclipse 1.2.x (Eclipse 3.2+).
Aptana is a fully-featured Web development environment. To install the Aptana IDE, simply follow the instructions from the Aptana Documentation:
All updates at once
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bookmarks> <site name="http://www.spket.com/update/" url="http://www.spket.com/update/" web="false" selected="true" local="false"/> <site name="http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x" url="http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x" web="false" selected="true" local="false"/> <site name="http://download.eclipse.org/tools/mylyn/update/e3.4" url="http://download.eclipse.org/tools/mylyn/update/e3.4" web="false" selected="true" local="false"/> <site name="http://mylyn-mantis.sourceforge.net/eclipse/update/" url="http://mylyn-mantis.sourceforge.net/eclipse/update/" web="false" selected="true" local="false"/> </bookmarks>
Initial checkout of the Tine 2.0 codebase
After you have added all needed plugins to Eclipse PDT for easy software development, it is time start with some PHP development. Open the PHP perspective by clicking at Window=>Open Perspective=>PHP. From now on this will be your main view, when working withTine 2.0 source files.
To import the current version of Tine 2.0 just follow these instructions. You can click "screenshot" for a screenshot.
- Create a new PHP-Project by going to File=>New=>PHP-Project - screenshot
- Enter "tine20" as project name and click Finish - screenshot
- Right click on the newly created project and select "import" - screenshot
- Select "Other->Checkout Projects from SVN" and click Next - screenshot
- Select "Create a new repository location" and click Next - screenshot
- Enter the URL https://svn.tine20.org/svn/trunk/ and click Next - screenshot
- When promted to accept the server certificate click Accept Permanently - screenshot
- Select only "tine20" and click Next - screenshot
- Select "Check out into the workspace as projects" and "Head Revision" and click Next - screenshot
- Make sure the location is the same as the project we created earlier, click Finish - screenshot
- You will be told that the project already exists and will be overwritten. Click on Yes to all (or Yes) - screenshot
- You should now see something like this. Wait for the Checkout to complete. - screenshot
You have now successfully imported the Tine 2.0 project to Eclipse PDT.